Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas gift ideas with a crafty twist

I LOVE Christmas shopping. I can do without the stress and budget-limitation though. I do try to start very early in the year but I always find myself having to sprint later. I thought I would share some gift ideas I came up with this year:

Fabric crayons & a t-shirt

Card-making kit (using some of your stash)
This was probably the most fun to put together. I found some pre-cut blank cards & envelopes and bought a packet of A5 and one with the small ones. I added a packet of pre-printed sentiments, a little compartment box with die-cut embellishments, buttons, flowers and buttons. There's some rolled ribbons in packets & some doilies. I pre-cut some DP panels (they're behind the small card base packet). And then I printed some of my favorite digital stamp images from Digistamps4Joy, Meljen's and Digital Pencil (viewed top left). My niece who is the recipient just need to color them herself :D.
For the smaller cards I cut some plain cardstock and stamped some images from Unity Stamp Co. and GinaK Designs (viewed top right). 

Hand-made fondant cake decorations
Oh dear, my friend Lianne might see this (LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY!!!)

I bought pre-made fondant in different colors and used a star cutter in two sizes to cut the shapes. They dried overnight and I packaged them. The "name tag" is also fondant. I used my biscuit Letterpress set to "stamp" the name of the recipient. I very quickly made 5 such sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...