Monday, February 20, 2012

"Green" birthday gift

I made this covered journal for my "baby" sister whose birthday was yesterday.
The original book looked like this:
They are note books made from recycled paper available from Woolworths (for my SA friends).
I covered the front and pen with scrapbook paper (I think it's Basic Grey....) mounted on Tim Holtz distress paper.
The central image was stamped with "Tree Silhouettes" (GinaK Designs). I used Tim Holtz Antique Linen first to stamp three trees. I then stamped over them by first inking up the image with Tim Holtz Crushed Olive and then dabbing here and there with the tip of a Memento dew drop ink pad in Rich Cocoa before stamping.
The journal image was created on my computer.

Materials used:
Spellbinders Labels 8
Spellbinders Fancy Tags
Tim Holtz inks: Antique Linen, Crushed Olive
Memento ink: Rich Cocoa

I'm also entering this into:
http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/2012/02/lawnscaping-challenge-28-distress-mania.html
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/2-16-terrifically-thrilling-thursday.html

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! What a gorgeous altered notebook! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea! Great job! Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stamping and distressing details on your notebook. Very well done. I'm so glad you joined us over at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your distressing! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! Lovely distressing, too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...