Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Two new techniques used: Crayon Resist and Victorian Distressing

For this week's Monday challenge on stamptv, we had to follow a sketch to make a card. Here's the sketch I followed

There were two techniques on stamptv that I've been wanting to try out and this layout actually worked well with them.
1.  Victorian Distress (She calls it Victorian since her background looks like old Victorian wallpaper)
2.  Crayon Resist (Called "Sunflower Resist" on the website)

First up we have Victorian Distress. I used the following Tim Holtz Distress Ink colors as per Gina's technique:
*  Antique Linen
*  Spun Sugar
*  Aged Mahogany

For this card I also turned the sketch on its side. The patterned paper is from a Prima paperpack "Reflections".
Here you can see the image & sentiment layer up close


Next up we have the card using the crayon resist technique.
After I had colored the petal areas with white crayon, I used a mini sponge-dobber and dobbed 'Antique linen' over the centres and around the centre of the flower bunch. I then rubbed Aged Mahogany over the flowers and extended over the rest of the layer with a foam applicator. I then (as in the video) used a tissue over my finger to rub over the flowers to remove any ink that were on the crayon. I'm definately doing this technique again!

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are lovely, wonderful design paper. Sketch challenges are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome on both of these! I really love that first one, that dp is just perfect with it too!

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...