Monday, July 4, 2011

Glitter Birthday & Tags

These two cards are for www.stamptv.com June Release challenges! The DT's always come up with a nice challenge that is fun to do!
Glitter and/or Flock
First up is the Glitter and/or Flock challenge. I don't have flock and before this haven't even heard of it so I dug through my old craft box and found some gold and red glitter. The old, loose, messy stuff.
I stamped the butterfly and sentiment from GinaK's Enjoy the Sunshine stamp set. I then used the point end of my Tombow Multi Liquid Glue and added glue to all the open spaces. I then covered the whole image liberally with the glitter and very lightly patted it into the glue with my finger. I gently shook off the excess and let it dry for a while before continuing. After I added the ribbon I looked at the card and felt it missed something. So I added a row of paper piercing at the top to round the card off.

Tag Along
Here is my entry for the Tag Along challenge. We had to use one image and one sentiment on the tag. I decided to put the sentiment at the back and who said a tag has to be a rectangle or square :).
To stamp the flower image without the stems, I placed sticky tape over the stems on the stamp before I inked it up (used Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink). I then removed the tape and stamped the image. This gives the image the feeling of fading off at the bottom. I quite like that :)

The DP is from a TimKraft paper pack (Desert Bloom). I also decided to circle-emboss and layer the back sentiment to make it stand out nicely. The sentiment's circle was very lightly shaded with Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink.

1 comment:

  1. A lovely cas card Riette and such pretty tags !
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Snowboard Santa

I was looking for a cool image for a teenager and found this gem at Mo's Digital Pencil:  http://www.mosdigitalpencil.com/snowboard-sant...